www.ActionFigureComics.com Forum Index www.ActionFigureComics.com
Talk about the photo webcomics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dragon Wars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ActionFigureComics.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaymon
Bold Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Dragon Wars Reply with quote

well, I just read the IGN review for the DVD of Dragon wars.

I did not see the movie, and never had any intention to, the preview made it look aweful. But just like a car wreck, I had to read the review and see what sort of awefulness I missed. IGN included a plot synopsis which I will post here. It is so,, uuum,, I can't even think of a word to describe it. Read for yourself.

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/844/844205p1.html

Rather than offering any sort of concrete plot description, which I still don't understand anyway, I can only provide a list of things that happen in the film: A voiceover prologue describes some stuff about dragons. A reporter named Ethan (Jason Behr) arrives on the scene of a massive accident only to discover a giant reptilian scale. He has a flashback to his childhood when a man named Jack (Robert Forster) revealed that Ethan is a reincarnated warrior. In a flashback within a flashback within a flashback, Ethan's former self falls in love with a beautiful girl, but they die when a dragon wants the girl's tattoo. Meanwhile back in the present day, a girl named Sarah (Amanda Brooks) watches Ethan's news report about the scale and puts up pictures of Korean characters all over her house.

From there, dragons appear, first at the zoo eating elephants. A man dressed like Shredder from the live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies pursues Sarah in a dream. Sarah is in a hospital. Ethan visits Sarah in the hospital and saves her just in time for a dragon to attack. Shredder chases after them, but he is deterred by two cars hitting him. Ethan and Sarah walk on the beach and kiss, but when they stop for coffee they are interrupted by a dragon attack. FBI agents realize that a giant dragon destroyed the better part of Los Angeles and call in three helicopters. An army of futuristic feudal Korean warriors marches into downtown L.A. and fights against military soldiers with modern technology.

Finally, Ethan and Sarah escape to Mexico, but dragons attack their car and knock them unconscious. They wake up in an undisclosed location (possibly Mexico) and discover they are part of a religious ceremony. Ethan's necklace kills everyone with a huge laser blast and thankfully loosens his ropes so he can rescue Sarah. He frees her from being killed but her tattoo turns into a crystal ball, which a dragon eats. More things happen with dragons at the undisclosed location (possibly Mexico) involving Ethan, Sarah, and Jack. Oh, and the black guy from The Office is also in the movie.
Erik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm proud to say that I went to see Dragon Wars in the theater! And what an awful movie it was!

However, the dragon battle scenes were cool. You finally get to see dragons getting blasted by tanks and attack choppers while flying through a city's skkyscrapers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ActionFigureComics.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: